‘Operation Scarecrow’ to target sex offenders in Carson City and Reno
October 30, 2007
State parole and probation officers will be visiting the homes of sex offenders on state supervision tonight.
Spokesman Rich Tiran said officers will visit the homes of tier level 2 and tier level 3 offenders in Carson City and Reno for “Operation Scarecrow.”
“This is an opportunity for Carson and Reno P&P officers to take advantage of the holiday involving children and monitor the offender’s compliance,” he said.
Tier level 2 and 3 offenders are determined by state classification to be the most likely to reoffend.
Tiran said offenders have clauses which prohibit contact with children and their parole or probation guidelines also state they are to have no contact with children.
“As a result they are instructed not to hand out candy,” he said. Tiran noted that offenders are allowed to decorate their homes.
Recommended Stories For You
Operation Scarecrow only affects those sex offenders being supervised by the state.
Currently, there are no tier level 3 offenders living in Carson City. Tiran said there are about 25 tier 2 offenders under supervision in Carson City.
For the locations of sex offenders living in Carson City visit: http://www.nvsexoffenders.gov/Search.aspx.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand