Owner of Hobbled-dog to appear in court
December 15, 2006
The owner of a puppy found hobbled in a Silver Springs yard will appear in Fernley Justice Court on Jan. 16.
Jesse Robinson, 49, was cited for misdemeanor animal cruelty after animal control officers found a female border collie-cross pup named Ruby hopping around his yard off Fifth Street on July 22.
Animal Control Officer Noni Higley said a one-inch-wide nylon strap held on with a screw, nut and a bolt was wrapped around the dogs front legs. She said the vet estimated the 6-month-old pup had been hobbled for about 10 days. The restraints tore off one of the dog’s dew claws and caused an infection that, if left untreated would have resulted in amputation of the dog’s leg, Higley said.
Robinson allegedly told officers he hobbled Ruby to prevent her from digging in the yard.
Lyon County Deputy District Attorney Brandi Jensen said the misdemeanor citation carries a penalty of up to six months in jail.
Trending In: Local
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Doctor wins CNN Hero of the Year; Carson City’s Phillips honored
- South Carson Street, rifle range focus of meetings this week
- Fundraiser on Tuesday to help Dayton woman with cancer
- Feature of S. Carson Street project to be determined