Panel to rank events-funding requests
March 4, 2012
The Redevelopment Authority Citizens Committee has received $118,275 in requests for special events funding this year, but only $100,000 is expected to be available.
The panel now will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday to prioritize those requests and make its funding recommendations to the Board of Supervisors.
The redevelopment authority helps to provide funding for special events each year from a portion of the revolving fund.
• $2,500 for the Nutcracker Ballet.
• $2,500 for Sierra Nevada Ballet’s Peanutcracker.
Recommended Stories For You
• $5,000 for the Capital City Arts Initiative.
• $15,000 for the Carson City Rendezvous.
• $5,000 for the Silver Dollar Car Classic.
• $10,000 for Battle Born Days.
• $15,000 for the Downtown Farmers Market.
• $25,000 for Nevada Day.
• $4,000 for the Jazz Carson City Music Festival.
• $9,275 for the Silver & Snowflakes Holiday Tree Lighting.
• $25,000 for RSVP events including the Fourth of July, Nevada Day Fair and Spring Fun Fair.
The committee meets in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. For more information, call 775-283-7080.
Other meetings this week:
• The Surcharge Advisory Committee meets from 8:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Carson City Fire Department, 777 S. Stewart St. For more information, call 775-887-2100.
• The Local Emergency Planning Committee meets from 1:30 to 1:45 p.m. Tuesday at the Carson City Fire Department, 777 S. Stewart St. For more information, call 775-887-2100.
• The Citizen Corps Advisory Subcommittee meets from 1:45 to 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Carson City Fire Department, 777 S. Stewart St. For more information, call 775-887-2100.
• The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Sierra Room. Members are scheduled to discuss aspects of the Open Meeting Law, results of the 2011 Sports Tourism Economic Impact Report, and the Arlington Square ice skating season. Possible action is scheduled on an amendment to the commission’s bylaws.
For more information, call 775-887-2262.
• The Carson City Historic Resources Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the Sierra Room. Commissioners will discuss or take action on a request from Vivian and Robert Summers, the 2012 historic preservation award applications, the historic preservation fund grant and a resolution declaring May as National Preservation Month.
For more information, call 775-887-2180.