April 7, 2012
130 YEARS AGO
Many of the ranchmen in the Humboldt Sink are armed with the prospect of being flooded when the snow gets started. The high water has only reached Argenta and will be two or three weeks on its crooked road, but will come. The snow far exceeds anything seen before since the settlement of the country.
100 YEARS AGO
District Attorney Sanford has asked Attorney-General Baker for an opinion closing saloons on primary election day. On Saturday the saloons will close.
70 YEARS AGO
The Ormsby Patriotic Committee met last evening. The purpose is to honor Ormsby men already serving in the military.
Recommended Stories For You
50 YEARS AGO
Visitors to the Nevada State Museum will find the 95-year-old main building has been spruced up significantly. Not only has it been painted inside, but significant structural and safety corrections have been made.
20 YEARS AGO
Next week “Pedaling from the Past … the Reno Wheelmen,” a collection of trophies, bicycles and pictures, will be featured at the Nevada Historical Society.
10 YEARS AGO
Former referee and Reno judge Mills Lane suffers a stroke.
• Trent Dolan is the son of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion