October 28, 2012
130 years ago
Very Ordinary Mud. There is a certain grade of mudslinging which does not do the slightest harm to the person to whom it is directed. It simply sticks to the finders and the person of the mud-thrower.
100 years ago
Warden Cowing of the State Prison was considerably put out yesterday trying to find out where the paper had received information Nasy Wilson was in the northwest. The warden was told it came from a direct and reliable source.
70 years ago
Nevada, for the second consecutive month, was the leading state in the union to send per-capita recruits into the Navy.
Recommended Stories For You
50 years ago
The local police worked late last night to check the backgrounds of the 32 carnival workers here for Nevada Day festivities. Police finger-printed and mug-shot the workers until 11 p.m. last night.
20 years ago
Rain, snow and lightning pushed across the Sierra Nevada into a parched western Nevada just in time for Nevada Day.
10 years ago
Proponents on either side of Carson City Question No. 1, the Fuji Park Battle, argue about ballot wording that sensationalizes the issue of selling the fairgrounds.
* Trent Dolan is the son of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments