December 9, 2012
130 years ago
There are several reasons why Nevada should have a new Constitution. Two state conventions last fall called for a Constitutional convention…Now, what this State needs is a Constitution which will admit the passage of any bill which will benefit the majority of the people.
100 years ago
The crew employed at Marlette Lake taking spawn has moved to this city. They report it being one of the best falls experienced at the lake. About 700,000 eggs were taken and are now in the troughs in this city where they will be hatched.
70 years ago
Clark Guild Jr., son of District Judge Clark J. Guild, is under orders to report to Camp Roberts on Monday for active service in the U.S. Army. He recently received his commission as second lieutenant and the following day his report for duty arrived.
Recommended Stories For You
50 years ago
Santa Claus arrived early yesterday, riding his horse and buggy in a festive 45 minute parade. At the conclusion of the event, Santa sat on the stand at the Carson City Post Office (next to the Nugget) where he gave out 1,500 candy canes to children.
20 years ago
Water pumped from domestic wells in southeast Carson City may contain nitrate levels in excess of federal health standards, according to a report issued by the health department.
10 years ago
Betty Nyswonger leaves her job as head chef at the Nevada Governor’s Mansion after 10 years.
• Trent Dolan is the son of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion