Pearl Harbor attack survivor honored
August 18, 2018
Four years ago Bob Lloyd was scheduled to fly on Honor Flight Nevada and tour Washington, D.C. He fell and wasn't able to make the trip.
His wife, Ann, called Marsha Strand and Nancy Bell with the Comstock Lode Quilters with Quilts of Valor Foundation.
On Aug. 1, Marsha and Nancy visited Bob at his home in Dayton and presented Bob with his personalized Quilt of Valor.
Bob, a Pearl Harbor survivor, served 22 years as a U.S. Air Force command pilot.
Ann proudly watched the ceremony with glistening eyes.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand