Planners to consider permits for Seeliger school addition
The Carson City Planning Commission will consider a special-use permit when it meets this week to allow the expansion of buildings at Seeliger Elementary School on property zoned public at 2800 S. Saliman Road.
The Carson City School District is proposing to build a 3,000-square-foot addition to the school, which is intended to improve site security by requiring visitors to check in at the front office before being allowed to enter the remainder of the building.
In addition, the commission will consider a school district request for a variance to reduce the number of required parking spaces at the school.
The commission is also scheduled:
• To adopt a resolution commending Craig Mullet for six years of service on the planning commission.
• To consider a special use permit from C-A-L Ranch Outdoor Sales, property owned by Carrington & Codding & Codding, to allow permanent outdoor storage and display on property zoned retail commercial at 2035 N. Carson St. The applicant is proposing to use areas totaling about 15,000 square feet of the 4.5-acre site for the permanent outdoor display of merchandise.
• To consider changing the starting time of Planning Commission meetings from evening to afternoon.
The Planning Commission meets at 5 p.m. Wednesday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. For more information, call 775-887-2180.
Other meetings this week:
The Carson City Cultural Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Sierra Room. Commissioners are scheduled to:
• Discuss the possibility of converting the Nevada State Prison to a museum or some public purpose that celebrates the architecture and significance of the site in Nevada history, as well as the commission’s role if the state abandons its use of the facility.
• Elect a chairman and vice chairman.
• Adopt and recommend to the Board of Supervisors an ordinance related to incorporation of public art in public projects throughout Carson City.
• Discuss with supervisors the commission’s role in receiving a block grant from the city.
• Hear an update from Joe McCarthy on Carson City Arts and Culture Coalition activities.
For more information, call 775-887-2100.
For complete agenda packets on public meetings, go to http://www.carson.org.