Post offices open extra hours for tax day
Get it in the mail
• The Carson City Main Post Office at 1111 S. Roop St. will be open for tax day from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. today and normal hours Monday with increased window staffing.
• Once the post office has closed, the lobby will be open with a self-service, fully automated postage machine. All mail sent through the automated postage machine will be postmarked the day it is sent.
The United States Postal Service has the following tips for taxpayers:
• Have the proper ZIP code for your return.
• Use a return address.
• If you require a signature, use certified mail with a return receipt.
• If your return is oversized, use the lobby scale to determine proper postage.
• The Internal Revenue Service does not accept postage due mail.
For information, visit http://www.usps.com or call (800) ASK-USPS (275-8777).