Prison inmate dies in Carson City
August 20, 2018
A state prison inmate, serving a life term from Clark, has died at the Regional Medical Center at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.
The state Department of Corrections said Eugene Fitzgerald, 65, died Monday morning. He had been convicted in Las Vegas in 2014 of burglary, sexual assault and failure to register as a sex offender.
An autopsy will be conducted.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe