Prolific burglar among those in district court
Bryan Gaudette, 22, was sentenced Tuesday to 24 to 60 months in prison on three felony counts of possession of stolen property.
Gaudette was among four people charged in connection with an auto and home burglary ring that reached from Gardnerville to Verdi.
More than 450 items of stolen goods were recovered from Carson City homes in July after a Reno traffic stop tipped police to the burglary ring.
The group would hit vehicles and homes, taking jewelry, electronics and other valuables that they would either pawn or sell.
Also in Carson City District Court on Tuesday:
• Walter Jay Anderson, 50, was sentenced to 12 months in jail on a charge of gross misdemeanor possession of dangerous weapon by an incarcerated person. He had fashioned a toothbrush into a shank while an inmate at the Carson City Jail.
• Bruce David Scott, 34, was sentenced to one year in jail, with six months suspended, on a charge of gross misdemeanor neglect or endangerment of a child.
• Jordan Randall Burkhardt, 21, was sentenced to 12 months in jail, all but 90 days suspended, on a charge of gross misdemeanor attempted to prevent or dissuade a witness from testifying. He must also successfully complete three years probation, attend drug court and get substance abuse counseling.
• Kristina Cannon, 20, was given up to three years probation, with a suspended jail sentence of 12 months, on a charge of gross misdemeanor attempted theft.
• Randall Milton Clark, 55, pleaded to felony DUI after having a previous felony DUI conviction from 1997. He faces a mandatory two to 15 years in prison when sentenced June 28.
• Sean Cameron Crawford, 43, was given up to three years probation, with a suspended jail sentence of 12 months, on a charge of gross misdemeanor tampering with a motor vehicle.
• Baldomero “Joel” Escalante-Ortega, 22, was sentenced to 12 to 30 months in prison on a charge of statutory sexual seduction. He has sex with a 15-year-old girl.
• Megan Haffey, 23, was given probation and a suspended prison sentence of 12 to 32 months on a charge of felony grand larceny. She stole prescription drugs, change and jewelry from a family friend.
• Samantha Ann Henry, 23, faces up to five years in prison on June 28 after pleading guilty Tuesday to felony theft for passing fraudulent checks at an area casino.
• Michael Lee Hughes, 58, faces a mandatory two to 15 years in prison when sentenced June 14 after pleading guilty Tuesday to felony DUI with a prior felony DUI conviction in 2000.
• Timothy Michael Kane, 26, was sentenced to 48-120 months in prison on a charge of felony DUI after a prior felony DUI conviction from 2004.
• Lynsey Kieffer, 21, who’d received probation last month and was ordered into rehab for stabbing a romantic rival outside a Carson City casino, had her probation revoked and must serve 12 months in jail on an charge of attempted battery with substantial bodily harm. Jail phone recordings captured Kieffer plotting with another person her escape from in-patient drug treatment.
• A no-bail bench warrant was issued for Tami Rae White, 21, who failed to appear in court on a charge of attempted theft.
• Levi Daniel Whitehead, 22, had his probation revoked for failing to register as a sex offender, and must service 19-48 months in prison on the original charge of sex offender failure to register.