Reno, Fernley men die from separate accidents
September 12, 2005
A Reno motorcyclist was killed Sunday in an accident on Geiger Grade.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol, Scott F. Forsman, 25, was northbound on Highway 341 near the summit about 5:35 p.m. when he lost control in a turn.
“The driver veered off the roadway edge where his motorcycle struck a section of guardrail causing an ejection,” said Trooper Chuck Allen.
Forsman was pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses are encouraged to contact the Highway Patrol at 688-2500.
Also Sunday, a Fernley man succumbed to injuries sustained Sept. 6. in an accident on Interstate 80 near Patrick.
Frederick Craig Allen, 33, was eastbound when his vehicle drifted off the right shoulder and struck a section of guardrail. The driver overcorrected to the left, crossed the dirt median and struck a westbound vehicle driven by Dirk E. Obudzinski of San Francisco. Debris from the collision struck another westbound vehicle driven by Bradley Brockbank, also of San Francisco. Both westbound drivers were wearing seatbelts and were not injured.
Recommended Stories For You
Frederick Allen was ejected from his vehicle as it rolled over. He was taken to Washoe Medical Center by helicopter with severe head trauma.
n Contact reporter F.T. Norton at email@example.com or 881-1213.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand