Reno man arrested after high-speed chase on I-580
November 29, 2016
A Reno man faces a half-dozen criminal charges after he led state troopers on a high-speed chase, crashed his car and fled on foot before he was captured near a geothermal power plant along the Mount Rose Highway.
The Nevada Highway Patrol says Billy Joe Williamson II took off at speeds up to 100 mph in a Hyundai Elantra after a trooper tried to stop him Monday afternoon on I-580 in south Reno.
The patrol says Williamson failed to negotiate a turn on the northbound ramp to the Mount Rose Highway and crashed into a concrete barrier. He took off running, jumped a fence near the Ormat plant and remained at large for about an hour before he was apprehended.
He's been booked on suspicion of charges including speeding, disobeying a police officer and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Trending In: Local
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Carson City’s Matt Williams making return to Bay Area
- Catmandu purchases its facility
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Senator Square: Carson High School students perform well at Nevada State Thespian Festival