Reno police arrest man armed with shotgun inside building
August 15, 2018
RENO — Reno police say officers arrested a man armed with a shotgun inside an office building.
Police say the man told the officers that he was armed and wanted officers to kill him.
According to police, the man fired a couple of rounds inside the building before he surrendered.
Police say the suspect came out of the building unarmed, but rushed toward officers. Police then tased the man and took him into custody.
Police say the man is facing several charges including obstructing and resisting with a firearm and four counts of discharge of firearm in an occupied dwelling.
Police say no one was hurt in the Wednesday morning incident.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand