Road-rage chase ends in two arrests |

Road-rage chase ends in two arrests

by F.T. Norton

Two men were jailed early Sunday morning in a road rage incident that started on East Fifth Street and ended when police stopped the vehicles on Stewart Street.

John Paras, 40, a business owner, was booked into the Carson City Jail on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon and misdemeanor injury to a motor vehicle. His bail was set at $20,347.

Joseph Bylinsky, 20, a student, was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor minor consuming alcohol and injury to a motor vehicle. His bail was set at $584.

According to the arrest report, the chase began in the area of Hells Bells Road about 4:55 a.m. after Paras allegedly received a call from his son claiming three people in a Honda sedan allegedly threatened to beat him up.

“Paras said he grabbed his handgun, left his house and went looking for his (son) instead of calling 911 to report was what going on,” according to the report.

Paras then allegedly pursued the Honda sedan in which Bylinsky was a passenger from Hells Bells Road to Stewart Street. The report states Paras rammed the sedan two or three times. Bylinsky allegedly threw a rock at the truck.

Both parties in the chase called 911 but neither vehicle would stop at the urging of dispatchers, the report states.

Officers found a semiautomatic .22-caliber handgun on Paras when deputies stopped him. Police records indicate Paras did not have a concealed weapons permit. A case for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit has been forwarded to the district attorney’s office for review.

“It’s unknown what John’s intentions were regarding what he was going to do with the handgun … if he had caught the Honda,” Deputy Quan Tran wrote in the report.

A breath test indicted Bylinsky’s blood-alcohol level was .06.

A 15-year-old girl and

17-year-old boy with Bylinsky in the Honda were released to their parents. The girl was cited for being out past curfew, the boy for consuming alcohol.