Construction on Carson City Streets for the week beginning May 21:
• Colorado Street is scheduled to be reopened from Edmonds Drive to Bordeaux Street with the completion of the utility relocation for the Carson City freeway.
• Work is under way on the Saliman Road reclaimed-water main extension project between the Linear Ditch and Little Lane. Expect traffic controls with lane closures. Work should be completed in late June.
• Due to the construction of the new Sheriff’s Administration Building, Harbin Avenue is closed to traffic between Musser and Second streets. This closure will remain in effect for the duration of the construction which is estimated to be completed in September.
• The westbound lane of Sonoma Street between Silver Sage and Frontage Road will be closed Monday through Wednesday for the installation of curb, gutter, sidewalk and utility services. Flaggers will direct traffic.
• Frontage improvements continue at the intersection of Roop Street and Fairview Drive. The westbound lane of Fairview Drive and the northbound lane of Roop Street will have lane closures.
• Monitoring well boring will take place in the eastbound lane of Adaline Street just west of North Carson Street.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).