• Due to the construction of the new Sheriff’s Administration Building, Harbin Avenue is closed to traffic between Musser and Second streets. This closure will remain in effect for the duration of the construction which is estimated to be completed in September.
• The westbound lane of Sonoma Street between Silver Sage and Frontage Road will be closed intermittently for the installation of curb, gutter, sidewalk and utility services. Flaggers will direct traffic.
• Frontage improvements will continue at the intersection of Roop Street and Fairview Drive. The west bound lane of Fairview Drive and the north bound lane of Roop Street will have lane closures.
• Koontz Lane will be closed between Carson Street and Curry Street for reconstruction during the month of June. Only local traffic will be permitted.
• Work on utility poles will take place on Foothill Road, Winnie Lane, Mountain Street, Washington Street and Division Street.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).