The following information applies to the period of Oct. 24-30:
Due to celebrations for Nevada Day, the following road closures are expected for Saturday:
• Carson Street between Winnie Lane and Stewart Street, as well as Stewart Street from its southern end to Little Lane will be closed beginning at 6:30 a.m. They will reopen at approximately 3 p.m. following the completion of the Nevada Day parade.
• Side streets along Carson Street between William Street and Winnie Lane will be closed for parade staging in the morning.
• Curry Street will be closed between Robinson and Musser Streets from 6:30 a.m. until 11 p.m.
• Telegraph Street will be closed between Carson Street and Plaza Street from 1-8 p.m.
Clearview Drive is closed between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive for construction on the next phase of the Nevada Department of Transportation freeway project. Detours are marked. The road is expected to open by the end of October.
From Monday through Wednesday, NDOT will be striping the following roads. Minor delays are expected:
• Snyder Avenue from Bigelow Drive to Highway 395.
• Frontage Road from Snyder Avenue to Old Clear Creek Road.
Butti Way will remain closed between Fairview Drive and Airport Road due to construction of a water line. In addition, Airport Road will be closed between Butti Way and Desatoya Drive. During construction, those wishing to access the Public Works building may do so via Fairview Drive to westbound Butti Way. Those wishing to access the Parks and Recreation Department offices or the Jump Around Carson (JAC) transit office may do so via the south gate to the Public Works Corporate Yard off of Butti Way, south of Airport Road.
A project to complete a new north-south water transmission line on the east side of Carson City will result in one-lane traffic with flagger controls from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays for the following roads:
• Edmonds Drive between South Lompa Drive and Fairview Drive
• Damon Road between Tucker Court and South Edmonds Drive
• South Lompa Lane south of Edmonds Drive
• Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Snyder Avenue
• Conte Drive from Damon Road to Sinbad Street
• Bigelow Drive from Race Track Road to Snyder Avenue
• Snyder Avenue from Bigelow Drive to Conte Drive
The following activity is expected due to utility work – the roads will remain open to traffic:
• On Wednesday, one lane of Clearview Drive will be closed east of Carson Street.
• On Thursday, work will take place along South Carson Street south of Clearview Drive.
The following activity is expected due to pedestrian improvements:
• Selby Street will be closed at Siskiyou Drive.
• There will be work along Stanton Drive between Siskiyou Drive and La Loma Drive.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 7396.