Road report for Dec. 2-8
December 1, 2013
The following applies to Monday through Dec. 8:
On Friday, Carson Street will be closed between Fifth and Robinson streets from 4:30 p.m. to about 8 p.m. for a tree-lighting event. Detours will be signed.
Utility work at East Fifth Street and Saliman Road will result in sidewalk and lane closures at the southeastern corner of that intersection between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. All directions of travel will remain open, but there will be reduced lanes at the intersection.
There will be intermittent one-way flagger controlled traffic on Fifth Street between Saliman Road and the freeway overpass.
There will be sidewalk work along the south side of Silver Oak Drive between North Carson Street and Imperial Way.
The following roads will be closed from between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday due to utility work. Only local-resident access will be allowed:
Recommended Stories For You
Mayflower Way between Nye and Sherman lanes.
Kit Sierra Way between Nye and Sherman lanes.
There will be utility work at the following locations, with no lane closures expected:
The south side of Hobart Road between Reds Grade and Numaga Pass Road.
The south side of East Fifth Street near Pasture Drive.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Carson City Aquatic Facility reopening on Tuesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’