Road report for the week of July 26-Aug. 1
Nevada Appeal Staff Report
As a result of the next phase of the NDOT project on the freeway, the following closures will occur:
• Valley View Drive will be permanently closed between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive beginning Monday, July 26th.
• Koontz Lane will be closed between Raglan Circle and Edmonds Drive until January 2011.
The Roop Street widening project is continuing and is expected to be completed by the end of 2010. The following impacts are expected this week:
• Roop Street is closed to through traffic from William Street to Robinson Street. This closure is expected to last until early September. Local business traffic and patrons of the Carson City Community Center will have access to Roop Street via Washington Street. Washington Street will be opened to all traffic.
• The parking lot for the Carson City Public Library at 900 N. Roop St. will be closed for reconstruction from Monday through Friday. Patrons of the library can utilize parking at the Smith’s grocery store at 559 E. William St. or at the Carson City Community Center on Roop Street.
• The intersection of Caroline Street and Roop Street will be closed to through traffic through Sept. 1st. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Washington Street.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Corbett Street and at Long Street.
The inside lane on South Carson Street will be closed between Clearview Drive and the Spooner Junction in both directions today through Friday between the night hours of 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. due to work on the median.
Because of water utility improvements, Butti Way will be closed between Airport Road and Fairview Drive (local traffic allowed) on weekdays. Detours will be marked.
The Nevada Department of Transportation is working to add a third northbound lane on Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive. The following activity is expected for this project:
• Work continues with single-lane closures on northbound Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive between 8 p.m. and
5 a.m. Shoulder work will continue during the daytime hours with no impacts to
• Work on Lupin Drive continues at the intersection with Highway 395/Old Clear Creek Road. A single-lane closure and flagger-controlled traffic will be in place occasionally with minor delays expected. Working hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The following closures will occur due to special events:
• Ninth Street will be closed between Fall Street and Carson Street on Thursday from 4-11 p.m.
• Robinson Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street on Friday from 1 p.m. to midnight.
• Proctor Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street on Friday from 7-11 p.m.
• Curry Street will be closed between Proctor Street and Washington Street on Friday from
3 p.m. to midnight.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 ext. 30396.