Road report for the week of Sept. 13-19
For the week of Sept. 13-19:
As a result of the next phase of the NDOT project on the freeway, Koontz Lane will be closed between Raglan Circle and Edmonds Drive until January.
Russell Way will be closed between Long Street and Northridge Drive from Monday through Friday due to utility work.
Curry Street will be closed between 6th and 7th streets on Tuesday and Wednesday due to utility work.
There will be lane closures on Carson Street during daytime hours near the intersection of Silver Oak Drive for improvements to the intersection. Minor delays expected.
• William Street will be restricted to two lanes at Roop Street on Tuesday from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. for striping.
• William Street will have intermittent lane closures at Roop Street from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for eastbound traffic and from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. for westbound traffic.
• Corbett Street will be closed at Roop Street. Local business traffic will be detoured via Molly Drive and Long Street.
• Roop Street will be closed to through traffic at Robinson Street. Local business traffic and patrons of the Carson City Community Center will have access via Roop Street but also may use William Street.
Library patrons should use Stewart Street to Washington Street for access.
• The intersection of Caroline Street and Roop Street will be closed to through traffic.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Long Street.
Work continues with single-lane closures on northbound Highway 395 between Sunridge Drive and Lupin Drive between
8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
Hells Bells Road between Riparian Way and Marsh Road will be closed to through traffic (local traffic allowed) all week for utility work.
The following closures are expected due to special events:
• Third Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street Saturday, from 2-11 p.m.
• Curry Street will be closed between Proctor Street and Spear Street Saturday from noon to