Road report for the week of Sept. 20-26
For the week of Sept. 20-26:
As a result of the next phase of the NDOT project on the freeway, Koontz Lane will be closed between Raglan Circle and Edmonds Drive until January 2011. As a notice to residents in the area, there will be a concrete pour on the Koontz Structure beginning at 6 a.m. Monday.
The Roop Street widening project is continuing and is expected to be completed by the end of 2010. The following impacts are expected this week:
• William Street will have intermittent lane closures at Roop Street from
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for eastbound traffic, and from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. for westbound traffic.
• Corbett Street will be closed at Roop Street. Local business traffic will be detoured via Molly Drive and Long Street.
• Roop Street will be closed to through traffic at Robinson Street. Local business traffic and patrons of the Carson City Community Center will have access via Roop Street but also may use William Street. Library patrons should use Stewart Street to Washington Street for access.
• The intersection of Caroline Street and Roop Street will be closed to through traffic.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Long Street.
The Nevada Department of Transportation is working to add a third northbound lane on Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive. Work continues with single-lane closures in both directions due to work on the median at this location between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
Lupin Drive will continue to experience occasional lane closures with flagger-controlled traffic in place near the intersection with Highway 395/Old Clear Creek Road. Minimal delays are expected.
Due to water utility improvements, Hells Bells Road between Riparian Way and Marsh Road will be closed to through traffic (local traffic allowed) all week.
Research Way will be reduced to one lane inbound south from College Parkway Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. for a special event.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 ext. 30396.