Road report for the week of Sept. 27-Oct. 3
As a result of the next phase of the NDOT project on the freeway, Koontz Lane will be closed between Raglan Circle and Edmonds Drive until January.
The Roop Street widening project is continuing and is expected to be completed by the end of 2010. The following impacts are expected this week:
• William Street will have intermittent lane closures at Roop Street from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for eastbound traffic, and from 9 a.m. to
7 p.m. for westbound traffic.
• Long Street will be closed at Roop Street on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
• Corbett Street will be closed at Roop Street on Wednesday and Thursday. Local business traffic will be detoured via Molly Drive and Long Street.
• Roop Street will be closed to through traffic at Robinson Street. Local business traffic and patrons of the Carson City Community Center will have access via Roop Street but may also use William Street. Library patrons should use Stewart Street to Washington Street for access.
• The intersection of Caroline and Roop streets will be closed to through traffic.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project.
The Nevada Department of Transportation is working to add a third northbound lane on Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive. Work continues with single-lane closures in both directions due to work on the median at this location between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
Lupin Drive will continue to experience occasional lane closures with flagger-controlled traffic in place near the intersection with Highway 395/Old Clear Creek Road. Minimal delays are expected.
Due to water utility improvements, Hells Bells Road between Parkhill Drive and Marsh Road will be closed to through traffic (local traffic allowed) all week.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 ext. 30396.