Road Report July 17
The following information applies to the period of July 18-24:
The Nevada Department of Transportation will begin a project to mill and overlay a section of U.S. 395 from the junction with U.S. 50 (Spooner) in Carson City to south of Waterloo Lane in Gardnerville. The following activities are expected as a result of the project, with nightly lane closures occurring from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m.:
• Beginning Monday night through Tuesday morning, the right lane in the northbound direction will be closed from Airport Road in Douglas County to U.S. 50 in Carson City.
• There will be various lane closures with flaggers in both directions from Jacks Valley Road to U.S. 50, Monday through Thursday.
From 9 p.m. Monday through 4 a.m. Tuesday, there will be lane closures on northbound Carson Street near the intersection with William Street due to maintenance of an overhead sign structure.
The following activity is expected due to pedestrian improvements.
• Possible delays on Hells Bells Road near Parkhill Drive and on Lepire Drive near Cassidy Court.
• Possible delays on Woodside Drive between Airport Road and Stanton Drive.
• Shoulder work on the east side of Stewart Street between Ninth Street and Fifth Street. No delays are expected, but use caution.
There will be utility work on Silver Sage Drive near the SW Gas building on Eagle Station Lane. Traffic will be flagger-controlled with minor delays expected.
A project to complete a new north-south water transmission line on the east side of Carson City will result in one-lane traffic with flagger controls from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays for the following roads:
• Damon Road between Tucker Court and South Edmonds Drive.
• South Lompa Lane south of Edmonds Drive.
• Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Snyder Avenue.
• Conte Drive from Damon Road to Sinbad Street.
Third Street will be closed between Carson Street and Curry Street from 2 p.m. to midnight Friday due to a special event.
Clearview Drive is closed between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive for construction on the next phase of the NDOT freeway project. Detours are marked. The road is expected to reopen by October
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 7396.