Road Report: July 25-31
The following information applies to the period of July 25-31:
Beginning Tuesday, Saliman Road will be closed at Robinson Street due to construction of a water transmission line. Detours will be marked. The road is expected to remain closed until Aug. 21.
One lane will be closed in each direction on the Carson City Freeway between the Highway 50 and Fairview Drive interchanges due to maintenance.
Work will continue on a Nevada Department of Transportation project to mill and overlay a section of Highway 395 from the junction with Highway 50 (Spooner) in Carson City to south of Waterloo Lane in Gardnerville. There will be nightly lane closures occurring from 8 p.m. through 6 a.m.
The following activity is expected due to pedestrian improvements:
• Possible delays on Hells Bells near Parkhill Drive and on Lepire Drive near Cassidy Court.
• Possible delays on Woodside Drive between Airport Road and Stanton Drive.
• Shoulder work on the east side of Stewart Street between Ninth Street and Fifth Street. No delays are expected, but use caution.
• City crews will be restriping crosswalks during night hours in the vicinity of Carson City School District schools.
On Wednesday, there will be maintenance on Silver Sage Drive near the SW Gas building on Eagle Station Lane. Traffic will be flagger-controlled with minor delays expected.
A project to complete a new north-south water transmission line on the east side of Carson City will result in one-lane traffic with flagger controls from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays for the following roads:
• Damon Road between Tucker Court and South Edmonds Drive
• South Lompa Lane south of Edmonds Drive
• Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Snyder Avenue
• Conte Drive from Damon Road to Sinbad Street
Clearview Drive is closed between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive for construction on the next phase of the NDOT freeway project. Detours are marked. The road is expected to reopen by September.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 7396.