Second boy charged in alleged rape | NevadaAppeal.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Second boy charged in alleged rape

by F.T. Norton

A second Carson City teenager has been charged in an alleged gang-initiation rape of a male classmate.

Prosecutors confirmed Thursday the arrest of an unnamed 15-year-old boy who police allege held a weapon while the victim was assaulted at a home in East Carson City on March 31. His name hasn’t been released because of his age.

He was taken to the juvenile justice center Wednesday on charges of principle to sexual assault, assault with a deadly weapon, false imprisonment and being a juvenile in possession of a firearm. A court date has been set for Wednesday.

“No further decision has been made insofar as possible certification as an adult at this time,” said District Attorney Noel Waters. “That will be an assessment to be made later on this younger juvenile.”

Last week prosecutors determined a 16-year-old high school sophomore met the criteria to be charged as an adult. Harold Willard was booked into the Carson City Jail on two counts of suspicion of felony sexual assault, and one count each of assault with a deadly weapon and false imprisonment.

According to the police report, Willard allegedly sexually assaulted a 15-year-old freshman by threatening his life and brandishing a shotgun on two days.

During the first assault, Willard and the victim were the only people present, said Carson City Sheriff’s Detective Bob Motamenpour. During the second assault, the recently charged teen was allegedly given a gun by Willard and ordered to shoot the victim if “he tried anything funny.” The victim was then sexually assaulted again by the suspect, Motamenpour said.

“This kid didn’t do anything to stop Willard,” he said.

Contact F.T. Norton at ftnorton@nevadaappeal.com or 881-1213.