Self-help housing event
June 21, 2005
What: National Home Ownership Month self-help housing event
When: 2 p.m. Tuesday
Who: Special guest Gilbert Gonzalez, acting under secretary, United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development. Several Citizens for Affordable Homes officials will also attend.
Where: Gold Country Estates, Kate Peak Road in Dayton
Features: The event will honor the 25 home builders in the current phase. It will also be the groundbreaking for the next 27 lots. Officials will announce an agreement with the Yerington Paiute Tribe to build self-help homes on American Indian land. Another 36 lots at Gold Country Estates will begin development late this summer.
Information: On Citizens for Affordable Homes call 883-7101, or http://www.cahinev.org
Trending In: Local
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office