Shepherd of the Sierra Lutheran donates to veterans
August 10, 2018
A $3,025 donation from Shepherd of the Sierra Lutheran Church was presented to the Veterans Resource Center of Carson City.
The church raised the funds through the second annual rummage sale in June. Church and community members donated all of the items for the sale. One-hundred percent of all funds raised are donated to a local Carson City charity.
As the recipient of this donation, Veterans Resource Center in Carson City, will utilize these funds to serve Carson City and rural Nevada veterans. A private, non-profit agency, Veterans Resource Center, funnels 100 percent of these funds back into the community, supporting permanent housing for homeless veterans and veterans on the verge of homelessness.
With additional assistance from community partners, like the Shepherd of the Sierra Lutheran Church, the center is able to provide a broader range of support such as providing emergency housing, employment related needs, and household items, to name a few.
If you or someone you know is a veteran struggling with finding or maintaining permanent housing or just needs direction and resources, contact the Carson City office at 775-360-2155.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe