The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in court:
– A 49-year-old business owner from Zephyr Cove was arrested at 3:48 a.m. Wednesday in the 3000 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving, speeding, no insurance, failure to use turn signal and having an open container of alcohol in vehicle.
– A 19-year-old transient was arrested at 11:03 a.m. Tuesday at Goni and Arrowhead roads on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving, driving without a license and possession of marijuana. Bail was set at $2,061.
– Edgar Alvarez, 24, a bus driver from Stateline, was arrested at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at Fourth and Curry streets on suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and driving while under the influence. According to the police report, Alvarez allegedly struck another motorist with a bat following a traffic accident.
Deputies responded to the following calls:
– At 11:09 a.m. Tuesday, one Carson High School student was arrested for possession of a dangerous weapon on school grounds, and another was arrested for possession of marijuana.
– A caller reported at 2:55 p.m. Tuesday that someone tried to run over two children walking home from school.
– A report at 9:45 a.m. Wednesday that the windows of a business on Fairview Drive were reportedly shot out with a BB gun.