The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Robert Lee Wurgaft, 73, a retired transient, was arrested at 4:18 a.m. in a casino parking lot in the 3800 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony sex offender failure to register. Bail was set at $5,000. Wurgaft is classified a tier-three sex offender by the state of Nevada.
• Christopher Jones, a transient, was arrested at 10:04 p.m. Tuesday at Fifth and Curry streets on suspicion of felony probation violation, trafficking, possession of prescription drug without a prescription and misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia. No bail was set.
• Raul Ortega Jr., a 21-year-old salesman from Carson City, on suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon, burglary and false imprisonment. Bail was set at $145,000.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• Six juveniles were spotted Tuesday fighting in a park near Empire Elementary School at 5:24 p.m.
• Graffiti derogatory to the Tri-Net Drug Taskforce was found sprayed on a building on Winnie Lane on Tuesday at 9:59 p.m.
• A deputy broke out the window of a car in the parking lot of Kragen Auto Parts Wednesday at 1:05 a.m. after a man was found sitting inside with a hose leading to his exhaust pipe. The man was taken to the hospital.