The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Michael Petlanski, 34, unemployed from Carson City, was arrested at 10:26 p.m. Tuesday on William Street on suspicion of felony burglary. He allegedly stole a bottle of Early Times whiskey from Smith’s. Bail was set at $25,000.
• Derek Rodney Goff, 18, unemployed from Carson City, was arrested at 10:34 p.m. Tuesday in the 3300 block of Surrey Lane on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon and misdemeanor threats. Bail was set at $25,407.
• A 29-year-old fitness trainer from Carson City was arrested at 9:14 a.m. Tuesday in the 3200 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor battery. He allegedly hit a client in the face after the two had a dispute over club membership. Bail was set at $1,132.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• Entry was made into a business in the 2800 block of Highway 50 East sometime Tuesday night.
• A home in the 1800 block of Pyrenees Street was burglarized sometime Tuesday night while the owner slept. Within an hour of reporting the burglary Wednesday, Carson City detectives happened upon the suspects and the burgled property. Two people were arrested.
• Several rifles were missing from a home in the 5200 block of Brick Road.
• A mother refused to pick up her 15-year-old son from Safeway on Tuesday after the boy was arrested for shoplifting energy drinks. Deputies placed the juvenile under arrest.