The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Katie Lauren Hellwig, 21, a decorator from Carson City, was arrested at 12:46 p.m. Monday on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and marijuana and obstructing an officer. Bail was set at $26,261.
• Steven Kinford, 26, a laborer from Carson City, was arrested Monday in the 2400 block of Peakwod Court on suspicion of felony violation of an extended order of protection. Bail was set at $15,000.
• A 42-year-old computer worker from Carson City was arrested at 8:29 p.m. Monday in the 2700 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor violation of a restraining order. Bail was set at $1,132.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A black truck was found stripped and abandoned in the 700 block of County Village Drive on Monday at 10:38 a.m.
• A home in the 1700 block of Walker Drive was burglarized sometime Monday.
• Nail guns were stolen Tuesday from a construction site in the 200 block of Rhodes Street.
• Tools were stolen from a garage in the 500 block of Tuscarora Way.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).