The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 56-year-old transient was arrested at 12:00 p.m. Saturday in Mills Park on a misdemeanor warrant for failure to appear. Bail was set at $969.
• A 21-year-old transient was arrested at 12:09 p.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Highway 50 East on a misdemeanor warrant for contempt of court and suspicion of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was denied.
• A 28-year-old Carson City man of unknown employment was arrested at 3:15 p.m. Saturday in the 3300 block of South Carson Street on a misdemeanor warrant for failure to appear. Bail was set at $234.
• Eduardo Jaurez Leon, a 35-year-old landscaper from Carson City, was arrested at 3:49 p.m. Saturday at Carson Street and College Parkway on a felony warrant for failure to appear. Bail was set at $10,000.
• A 65-year-old retired Carson City man was arrested at 11:22 p.m. Saturday at Arrowhead Drive and Ryan Way on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI. Bail was set at $1,132.
• A 79-year-old retired Carson City man was arrested at 5:55 p.m. Saturday in the 1000 block of East Fifth Street on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $1,132.
• A 24-year-old Sparks man of unknown employment was arrested at 1:51 a.m. Sunday at Highway 50 East and Airport Road on suspicion of failure to maintain a single lane and no proof of insurance. Bail was set at $839.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).