The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Robert Bruce Soper, 40, a home-improvement store employee from Carson City was arrested at 8:03 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of East Long Street on suspicion of a felony warrant for home invasion. Bail was set at $25,000.
• A 31-year-old caterer from Carson City was arrested at 5:45 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
• An 18-year-old unemployed Carson City resident was arrested at 7:20 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of East College Parkway on suspicion of misdemeanor minor consuming alcohol. Bail was set at $237.
• Kevin Allen Peters, 27, a mechanic from Sun Valley, was arrested at 6:55 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of felony fugitive from justice and failure to appear. No bail was set.
• A 45-year-old electrician from Carson City was arrested at 6:30 p.m. Saturday in the 3900 block of Village Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor violation of probation. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 47-year-old photographer from Incline Village was arrested at 12:47 p.m. Saturday at Division and Musser streets on suspicion of a misdemeanor warrant for trespassing. Bail was set at $190 cash.
• A 35-year-old supervisor from Sparks was arrested at 1:52 p.m. Saturday in the 2500 block of Baker Street on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
The following are some of the 141 calls to which deputies responded:
• Report of a drunk driver on Highway 50 East and Segale Road in Dayton at 2:51 a.m. Saturday. A misdemeanor arrest was made.
• Report of a drunk driver at Dayton Valley and Breakwater roads in Dayton Valley at 4:22 a.m. Saturday. A misdemeanor arrest was made.
• Report of a residential burglary in the 300 block of Bens Way in Fernley at 8:43 a.m. Saturday. A felony arrest was made.
The following are some of the 16 calls to which deputies responded:
• Report of domestic dispute on North C Street in Virginia City at 3:29 p.m. Saturday. A misdemeanor arrest was made.
• Report of a hit-and-run accident that occurred at the Storey County Sheriff’s Office in Virginia City at 6:01 p.m. Saturday.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).