The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Jerome John Lala, 35, a construction worker from Virginia City was arrested at the sheriff’s department. A warrant had been issued in his name for burglary, home invasion and domestic battery. The warrant was served while conducting other business at the station.
• Curtis Lee Peterson, 39, of Minden, was arrested in the 300 block of East Highway 50 on suspicion of trafficking a controlled substance, methamphetamine, and possessing a dangerous drug without a prescription. Bail was set at $22,500.
• A 32-year-old male transient was arrested at 12:55 a.m. Monday on suspicion of violating alternative sentencing rules and trespassing. He was at a business in the 500 block of North Carson Street.
• A 24-year-old Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of failing to appear in Dayton Township Justice Court.
The following are some of the 110 calls to which deputies responded:
• Report of a man attempting to use a fake $100 bill at a casino in the 6900 block of Highway 50 East in Mark Twain at 12:50 a.m. Sunday.
• Report of harassment in the 2700 block of Toiyabe Street in Silver Springs at 3:15 p.m. Sunday.
• Report of a commercial burglary at Out of Town Park in Fernley at 4:42 p.m. Sunday.
• Report of a residential burglary in the 500 block of Dutch Oven Court in Fernley at 9:54 p.m. Sunday.
The following are some of the 19 calls to which deputies responded:
• Report of deputies attempting to locate a subject wanted in Humboldt County for making threats to a school at 2:55 a.m. Monday.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).