August 9, 2008
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 32-year-old machine operator from Carson City was arrested at 12:23 a.m. Saturday in the 1600 block of Moody Street for suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery, first office. Bail was set at $3,132.
• Stephen Michael Cliburn, a 38-year-old Carson City man, was arrested at 2 a.m. Friday in the 800 block of Musser Street on suspicion of a felony count of being a fugitive from justice. Bond was set at $10,000.
• A 30-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 9:33 p.m. Thursday at the corner of Carson and Corbett streets on suspicion of misdemeanor obstruction of an officer. Bail was set at $407.
• A 27-year-old big-box store employee was arrested at 3:38 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of Long Street on suspicion of misdemeanor criminal contempt. Bail was set at $500.
Recommended Stories For You
• A 29-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 1:42 a.m. Friday in the 2800 block of Menlo Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor battery and obstruction an officer. Bail was set at $3,539.
• A 36-year-old unemployed Carson City man was arrested at 12:39 a.m. Friday at the corner of Richmond Avenue and Calaveras Drive on suspicion of a misdemeanor violation of bail conditions. Bail was set at $3,000.
• Steven Sousa, 44, of Carson City, was arrested at 9:46 p.m. Friday in the 1300 block of Ashby Court, Carson City for suspicion of felony possession of stolen property. Two deputies went to Sousa’s residence to attempt to locate a stolen firearm, having received information it was hidden in the backyard by a juvenile related to the suspect. After investigating the weapon was allegedly found in Sousa’s roommate’s truck, which he had borrowed to go to California. Bail was set at $25,000.
• A 20-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 4:01 Friday in the 2400 block of Ash Canyon Road for suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery and misdemeanor obstructing a police officer. Bail was set at $3,539.
• Michael Thomas Fowler of Dayton was arrested at 11:23 p.m. Friday at Highway 50 East and Fairview Drive on three misdemeanor warrants, suspicion of misdemeanor open container and felony possession of prescription drugs without a prescription. Fowler was arrested after a traffic stop where a routine check indicated the warrants. An open can of beer and some pills were found in the vehicle, according to the deputy’s report. Bail was set at $8,687.
• A Carson City man was arrested at 5 p.m. Friday in the 3200 block of Market Street for suspicion of misdemeanor destruction of property. Bail was set at $632.
• A Carson City woman was arrested at 6:22 p.m. Friday in the 1200 block of Stanford Drive for suspicion of misdemeanor driving on a suspended license, failure to appear in traffic court and a contempt of court warrant. Bail was set at $3,515.
• A 21-year old Carson City student was arrested at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Musser Street for on suspicion of violation of a suspended sentence. Bail was set at $3000 cash.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded:
• Report of front doors and glass broken at Calvary Chapel at 8:47 a.m. Friday.
• Report of an assault on a woman on West Nye Lane at 1 a.m. Thursday.
• Report of two packs of beer stolen in the 1400 block of Rand Avenue at 5:02 a.m. Thursday.
• Report of broken-out windows in the 3400 block of Centennial Park at 5:51 a.m. Thursday.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Friday:
• A motor vehicle accident with injuries on Interstate 80 at mile marker 56 in Fernley at 1:54 a.m.
• A motor vehicle accident with injuries on Highway 50 East in Mark Twain at 4:31 a.m.
• A report of a vehicle burglary in the 5500 block of Elm Street in Silver Springs at 7:41 a.m.
• A dirt bike complaint on Occidental Drive in Mark Twain at 10:21 a.m.
• A report on an abandoned vehicle in the 200 block of Eddy Court, Dayton Valley at 12:28 p.m.
• A DUI in the 2200 Block of Highway 50 in Dayton at 1:30 p.m.
• A report of indecent exposure in the 11000 block of Wrong Way Drive in Stagecoach at 4:16 p.m.
• An intoxicated person in the 500 block of South Center Street in Yerington at 7:17 p.m.
• A report of shots fired on Badger Street in Silver Springs at 7:40 p.m.
• A domestic dispute in the 6700 block of Kiowa Lane, Stagecoach at 8:23 p.m.
• A fight at Fifth and Jacaranda Avenue in Silver Springs at 9:58 p.m.
• DUI on Highway 95A in Mason Valley at 11:49 p.m.
• Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call (775) 322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is (775) 329-6666. Or, you can dial ‘202’ from any SBC pay phone for free. Callers always remain anonymous.