The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
– Luis Rizo, 23, a laborer of Carson City, arrested in the 4100 block of South Carson Street at 8:55 p.m. for felony prisoner with a controlled substance, and misdemeanor charge of criminal contempt. Bail was set at $20,000.
– David Alan Tieffer, 53 of Carson City, salesman, arrested in the 900 block of West Winnie Lane at 12:47 p.m. for felony assault with a deadly weapon, also misdemeanor charges of battery, disorderly conduct and drunken pedestrian. Bail was set at $21,536.
– Other arrests included a 24-year-old male for open container.
– A 56-year-old male of Carson City for first offense driving under the influence and headlights required.
– A 26-year-old male in violation of suspended sentence; a 19-year old female in violation of suspended sentence; a 22-year old male for probation violation.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Monday:
– Male subject shot himself to death 2900 block of Comstock Street.
– Destruction of property on 1000 block of Villa Way.
– Welfare check on 100 block of Relief Springs Road.
– Juvenile problem on 400 block of Dayton Valley Road.
– Report of a dog bite on 200 block of South Whitacre Street.
– Unwanted subject on 200 block of East Main Street.
– Report of shots fired 2900 block of Comstock Street.
– Suspicious circumstances on East Airpark Vista.
– Report of a fight at 45 Kit Kat Drive.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call (775) 322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is (775) 283-1799 Or, you can dial 202 from any SBC pay phone for free. Callers always remain anonymous.