The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
– Ian Robert Wood, 22, a drill worker from Stagecoach, was arrested Friday night for driving under the influence of drugs (2nd offense), possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors. He was also charged with a gross misdemeanor for possession of a dangerous weapon. Officers found Wood parked in a car at Northfield and Macy streets.
After smelling alcohol, officers gave Wood two field sobriety tests. Wood admitted that he had smoked heroin earlier in the evening. A search found a small amount of marijuana, a pipe, and metal knuckles. A urine test later revealed the presence of opiates and THC. Bail was set for $6,896.
– A 33-year-old man, address and profession unknown, was arrested Friday at the intersection of Deer Run Road and Sedge Road for driving under the influence and failure to maintain lane. Bail was set at 1,239.
– A 21-year-old Carson City man was arrest Friday for misdemeanor battery and petty larceny at the 3200 block of Market Street. Bail was set at $1,479.
– A 22-year-old unemployed Carson City man was arrested Friday night at the intersection of Valley and Washington streets for no valid driver’s license and no headlights. Bail was set at $229.
– A 25-year-old manager from Carson City was arrested in the 3300 block of Highway 50 for driving on a suspended license, suspended registration and with no insurance. Bail was set at $1,551.
– An 18-year-old Carson City man was arrested Friday for misdemeanor domestic batter in the 2200 block of E. Long Street. His ex-girlfriend reported that the suspect broke into her home, grabbed her and demanded property that wasn’t his. Bail was set at $3,132.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799 Or, you can dial 202 from any SBC pay phone for free. Callers always remain anonymous.