The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
– William George Knight, 22, of Rapid City, S.D., and Cody Allen White, 20, of Franklin, Penn., were jailed Friday on two counts of felony burglary and obtaining money under false pretenses. Residents in the 5000 block of Numaga Pass Road were contacted by Washoe County Sheriff’s deputies regarding checks the two men had taken from them by claiming they were from the First Baptist Church badminton team. The subjects where transferred to Carson City Jail and held on $25,000 bail each.
– David Lee Loving, 31, of Mound House, was arrested early Saturday morning at the corner of Airport Road and Woodside Drive on a felony warrant from Dayton Township. An officer stopped the subject for making a turn without signaling, and a records check brought up a felony warrant for preventing/dissuading a victim from reporting a crime, misdemeanor domestic battery and petit larceny. Bail was set at $8,184.
– Robert Kenneth Weaver, 42, of Carson City, was arrested Saturday morning on a felony burglary warrant from Dayton Township, and a failure to appear warrant from Washoe County. Weaver was stopped on Airport Road after being reported for causing a disturbance at a nearby casino. A records check revealed the outstanding warrants. Bail was set at $26,000.
– A 22-year-old pharmacy technician from Carson City was arrested Friday night for misdemeanor domestic battery. The female subject started a fight with her boyfriend over and text message he sent to another woman. Although both parties admitted battering each other, deputies concluded that the subject was the primary aggressor. Bail was set at $3,132.
– An 18-year-old salesman from Carson City was arrested Friday at Mesquite and Robinson streets for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant. A report of drug activity led a deputy to check out a parked car with eight males inside, with the strong odor of marijuana smoke. A records check revealed one of the passengers had an outstanding warrant. Bail was set at $500.
– A 39-year-old productivity worker from Carson City was arrested Saturday morning at 5th and Curry streets on a failure to appear warrant. Subject was spotted riding a bicycle without lights on Curry Street, and a records check revealed the outstanding warrant. Bail was set at $1,235.
– A 25-year-old housekeeper from Carson City was arrested Friday afternoon for misdemeanor domestic battery and for violating terms of a suspended sentence. While investigating a domestic dispute over child custody, the subject was found to have an outstanding warrant and arrested. Later, the other party to the dispute reported that the subject had bit him on the arm. Bail was set at $4,132.
– A 41-year-old unemployed man from Carson City was arrested Saturday morning in the 3600 block of Desatoya Drive for misdemeanor domestic battery. The subject was accused of striking his daughter, and had left the home. Deputies found him back at his home a short time later. Bail was set at $3,132. While investigating the incident, the subject’s 19-year-old son was found to have an outstanding contempt warrant and was also placed under arrest. Bail was set at $500.
– A male transient, age not given, was arrested Friday night in the 800 block of North Carson Street for possession of a dangerous drug without a subscription (a gross misdemeanor) and misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Deputies were called to do a welfare check on an intoxicated person. A search found a prescription bottle of penicillin in another person’s name. Bail was set at $2,720.
– Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Or, you can dial 202 from any SBC pay phone for free. Callers always remain anonymous.