March 16, 2012
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail Tuesday or Wednesday. All are innocent until proved guilty.
• Elizabeth Santillanez, 18, of Carson City, was taken to jail Wednesday evening on a felony warrant for burglary of an automobile. She was transported from Douglas County, where she was finishing with other charges, according to the booking report. Her bail was $10,000.
• A 20-year-old woman from Markleeville was arrested at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday on a misdemeanor contempt-of-court warrant from Douglas County. The warrant was discovered while she was at the sheriff’s office in reference to a hit-and-run report. She was taken to Douglas County. Her bail was $385.
• A 24-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at about 5:45 p.m. Wednesday on a misdemeanor contempt-of-court warrant, which came to light during a traffic stop. Her bail was $500.
• A 20-year-old transient was arrested at about 9:40 p.m. on charges of domestic battery, minor consuming alcohol and possession of marijuana, all misdemeanors. Deputies arrived at the scene to find the man being held down by his father. The man allegedly got upset and attacked his father. His mother and father told police that he is bipolar and not taking his medication and had been drinking all day, according to the arrest report. When police searched him, they also found marijuana, according to the report. His bail was $4,150.
Recommended Stories For You
• Gregory Scott Bliss, 35, of Silver Springs, was arrested at about 6 p.m. Tuesday on a felony warrant for grand larceny and misdemeanor warrant for first-offense domestic battery and charges of misdemeanor failure to stop at a stop sign and violation of a parole and probation hold, a gross misdemeanor. He has no bail.
• A 63-year-old Minden man was arrested early Tuesday and charged with battery and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He allegedly started a fight at a Carson Nugget blackjack table. When he was asked to leave, he struck a casino security guard, according to the arrest report. His bail was $1,100.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have anyinformation, call 775-322-4900. Callers always remainanonymous.