The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail over the weekend. All are innocent until proved guilty in court.
• Samantha Lynne Fishburn, 20, of Dayton, and Patrick Shawn Cox, 35, of Carson City, were arrested about 11 p.m. Saturday and charged with felony receiving or possessing forged instruments. Fishburn allegedly tried to use a counterfeit $100 bill to buy items from the just-opened C-A-L Ranch Store, at 2035 N. Carson St., where she worked. Cox reportedly gave it to her in the parking lot to cash. Both reportedly told a deputy that they knew the bill was fake. Bail for each was $15,000.
• Robert Mitchell Nadon, 41, of Gardnerville, was arrested about 6:30 p.m. Friday and charged with felony child abuse. A school principal reported to police that she had been told of a female student who had been hit with a belt, leaving a large bruise on her buttocks, by her mother’s boyfriend. The mother reportedly told deputies that when she learned of the incident, she told her boyfriend, Nadon, to leave, but when she saw the bruise she didn’t know what to do about it. Nadon was found at another person’s home. His bail was $40,000.
• Sapphire Latisha Cook, 25, of Carson City, was arrested about 7:45 p.m. Friday and charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of a prescription drug without a prescription, both felonies, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. A deputy was sent to parking lot near East William Street and Humboldt Lane on a report of a car whose occupants were smoking heroin. Cook was found inside the car and, when asked, told deputies she had heroin in her purse, officials said. Several prescription pills and tinfoil with brown residue on it were also found, according to the arrest report. Her bail was $6,000.
• Dylan Patrick Gregory, 27, of Gardnerville, was arrested about 8 p.m. Friday and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of marijuana. Dylan was stopped near U.S. Highway 395 and Fairview Drive and reportedly gave consent for his car to be searched. The deputy reportedly found marijuana and heroin inside. His bail was $3,100.
• Tyrell Liddicoat, 24, of Carson City, was arrested about 9:45 p.m. Friday and charged with felony attempted burglary. Deputies were sent to the area of Pat Lane and Merrit Drive on a report of a homeowner chasing two people who were trying to break into his garage. The two were found a short distance away, according to the arrest report. Liddicoat was identified as the one attempting entrance into the garage, according to the report. The second man, 35, of Carson City, was identified as only being present, according to the report. He was arrested and charged with misdemeanor probation violation. Liddicoat’s bail was $25,000. The other man’s bail was $3,000.
• Kara Melinda Sorensen, 29, of Costa Mesa, Calif., was arrested about 12:15 p.m. Sunday on a felony warrant from Las Vegas charging her with passing a check without sufficient funds. She was reportedly driving about 75 mph in a 50 mph zone on U.S. Highway 50 just west of Carson Street. During the traffic stop, dispatch confirmed the warrant. Her bail was $650.
• John Beeler, 22, of Carson City, was arrested about 2:30 a.m. Saturday and charged with felony parole violation. Deputies were called to a report of a domestic dispute near Rand Avenue and East Long Street. They found Beeler and another man intoxicated, according to the arrest report. A woman arrived and told the deputies that she had been in an argument with Beeler because he was drunk. Dispatch advised that he was on parole with a no-drinking clause. He had no bail.
• Kevin Lea Nunez, 39, of Carson City, was arrested about 2:20 p.m. Sunday and charged with a felony parole and probation violation. A deputy reportedly saw a beer can while doing a welfare check on Nunez. Nunez reportedly admitted to drinking the beer, and dispatch advised that he had a no-alcohol clause. He had no bail.