Sheriff’s Log Aug. 14
August 14, 2012
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent unless proved guilty:
• A 33-year-old woman was booked at 10:40 p.m. Thursday on a charge of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000 after the arrest in the 300 block of David Street.
• Matthew Smith, 18, was arrested on charges of child abuse with substantial bodily harm Friday at 5:51 p.m. The incident happened at the home of his girlfriend and her parents on Miles Way. He is accused of beating her 14-year-old brother, breaking his cheek bone and eye socket. Bail was set at $5,000.
• A 36-year-old man from Carson City was charged with first offense driving under the influence at 12:03 a.m. Saturday. According to the arrest report, he was asleep at the wheel of his truck in the drive-through lane at a fast-food restaurant on Highway 50 East. Bail was set at $1,000.
• Kyle Scarborough, 22, of Carson City was arrested at 3:03 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Winnie Lane. He was charged with battery on an officer, resisting with violence, violating his suspended sentence conditions, obstruction and parking in a handicapped-parking zone. Total bail was set at $10,050.
Recommended Stories For You
• A 34-year-old woman was charged with domestic battery Saturday at 3 p.m. following an incident at her residence on Woodside. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 49-year-old Carson City man was charged with domestic battery at 5:55 p.m. Saturday following an incident at a home in the 1200 block of Palo Verde. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 47-year-old man was arrested at his Fourth Street residence at 10:20 p.m. Saturday on charges of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 32-year-old Carson City man was arrested for felony methamphetamine possession after his vehicle was stopped for not having proper registration. Randy Stine was stopped at Carson and Long streets at 12:27 p.m. Sunday. He was also charged with DUI drugs, possession of paraphernalia and several misdemeanors. Total bail was set at $4,500.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments