Sheriff’s Log: Carson man arrested on suspicion of battery of a police officer
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent unless proved guilty in court:
• 2:29 a.m.: A 55-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 2400 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of violation of pretrial conditions. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 9:59 p.m.: A 75-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of trespassing. Bail was set at $150.
• 11:40 a.m.: A 49-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 700 block of Basque Way on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and revoked license-DUI. Bail was set at $2,000. Also arrested was a 32-year-old Winnemucca woman, on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of a hypodermic device. Bail was set at $2,000.
• 12:07 p.m.: A 34-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 7700 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on a probation-violation warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 11:50 a.m.: A 63-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on two contempt-of-court warrants. Bail was set at $6,000.
• 5:57 p.m.: Joe Ervin Swanson, 39, of Carson City was arrested at Fifth Street and Carson Meadow Drive on suspicion of two counts of battery on a police officer, obstructing a peace officer with violence, DUI-drugs first offense, no valid driver’s license, turn signal required, fail to stop at stop sign and possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana. Bail was set at $8,175.
• 4:41 p.m.: Kasey Harger of Silver Springs was arrested at Fifth and Mary streets on suspicion of hit-and-run, following too closely, driver’s license not valid, no proof of insurance and failure to report. Bail was set at $1,775.
• 11:55 p.m.: Robert Leiter, 56, of Carson City was arrested at Ormsby Boulevard and College Drive on suspicion of a felony parole and probation violation and an arrest warrant for possession of stolen property. No bail was set.
• A 22-year-old Dayton man was arrested in the 800 block of East William Street on suspicion of basic speeding, driving with a suspended license and violation of pretrial conditions. Bail was set at $3,545.
• 11:55 a.m.: A 28-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $207.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.