Sheriff’s Log for July 22
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Shawn Robert Thompson, 22, a transient, was arrested at 2:14 a.m. Wednesday at Roop Street and Basque Way on suspicion of felony using false identification to avoid prosecution, possession of methamphetamine, misdemeanor having fictitious registration on a vehicle, driving on a suspended license, possession of drug paraphernalia and a misdemeanor warrant out of Churchill County. Also arrested was Shanda Marie Combs, 22, a cashier from Carson City, on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine, misdemeanor obstructing an investigation and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• A 20-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 5:57 p.m. on suspicion of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Police were called out on a report of a domestic dispute. When they arrived, they found the girl arguing with her two brothers who were trying to make her go to a drug rehab in Reno for heroin addiction. The mother told police she was frustrated at the situation. “We could tell the heroin use was becoming exhausting on the family,” the deputy wrote in the report. The mother reported finding drug paraphernalia in her daughter’s room that day. She asked that police arrest her daughter. Deputies obliged.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Wednesday:
• Report of a customer threatening a bank on College Parkway at 10:40 a.m.
• Coroner call on North Ormsby Boulevard at 12:03 p.m.
• Coroner call on Highway 50 East at 12:23 p.m.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call (775) 322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is (775) 283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.