Sheriff’s Log July 14
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 41-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 11:07 p.m. Monday in the 1900 block of Rand Avenue on suspicion of misdemeanor hit and run and drunken driving. Bail was set at $1,764.
• Michael J. Hughes, 21, a laborer from Gardnerville, was arrested at 5:01 p.m. Monday at Carmine Street and Dori Way on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property, misdemeanor riding without a helmet, operating an unregistered vehicle and failure to stop at a stop sign. He was allegedly driving a stolen dirt bike on city streets. Bail was in excess of $15,000.
• Michael A. McDowell, 45, unemployed of Carson City, was arrested at 3:58 p.m. Monday on suspicion of felony parole violation. No bail was set.
• Danny Jesus Verduzco, 26, of Carson City, was arrested at 3:07 a.m. Tuesday in the 1500 block of Como Street on suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon, and misdemeanor probation violation. He allegedly broke a beer bottle over someone’s head. Bail was set at $36,000.
• Brian David Hannahs, 48, of Silver Springs, was arrested at 12:39 a.m. Tuesday in the 3400 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon, gross misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon, misdemeanor second-offense domestic battery and second-offense drunken driving. He allegedly pointed a gun at his ex-girlfriend’s head, then fled in a vehicle. Bail was set at $28,132.
• Paul Delbert Simpson, 29, of Carson City, was arrested at 10:45 a.m. at Overland and South Carson streets on suspicion of felony third offense drunken driving and misdemeanor driving on a license revoked for DUI. Bail was set at $11,132.
• Carlos Edward Lopez, 28, of Dayton, was arrested at 2:28 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of gross misdemeanor battery on a peace officer, obstructing a police officer and violation of a suspended sentence. Bail was set at $4,632.
• A 49-year-old transient who allegedly refused to sleep somewhere other than a sidewalk in the 1900 block of North Carson Street was arrested at 7:58 a.m. Sunday on suspicion of misdemeanor disorderly conduct and obstructing. Bail was set at $644.
• A 25-year-old auto detailer from Carson City was arrested at 9:53 p.m. Sunday at Robinson and Stewart streets on suspicion of misdemeanor driving on a revoked license, violation of a suspended sentence, drunken driving and failure to obey a traffic control device. Bail was set at $3,346
• A 32-year-old unemployed Silver Springs man was arrested Monday at 12:41 a.m. in the 1100 block of Woodside Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery and obstructing. Bail was set at $3,539.
• A 28-year-old unemployed Carson City man was arrested at 11:55 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of North Nevada Street on suspicion of misdemeanor possession of fireworks. Bail was set at $242.
• A 27-year-old retail worker from Carson City was arrested at 12:25 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of fictitious plates and violation of probation. No bail was set.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded:
• Report of a dispute concerning money in the 1400 block of Rand Avenue at 12:55 p.m.
• A license plate was stolen from a vehicle in the 2000 block of Highway 50 East sometime before 4:37 p.m.
• Report of a drunk driver in a fast food drive-through on South Carson Street at 8:44 p.m. An arrest was made.
• A quad was stolen from the 2000 block of Valley View Drive sometime before 3:27 p.m.
• Report of a woman so intoxicated she was unable to pick herself up off the ground and was instead “rolling across the sidewalk,” at 2:45 a.m. in the 500 block of North Carson Street.
• A caller on Clear Creek Avenue reported finding his car tires slashed and a note on the windshield which read, “Next time it will be worse,” at 8:29 a.m.
• Report of plants stolen from Evergreen Gene’s in the 1800 block of North Carson Street sometime before 9:28 a.m.
• Report of a vehicle backing into a patrol vehicle.
• Three men were arrested in the 1500 block of Spooner Drive at 11:32 p.m. on charges related to obstructing an investigation. Police were called out to the home on a report of a loud party. When they made contact with the men, they refused to cooperate, reports indicate.
• An intoxicated woman allegedly fell in the 1500 block of East Fifth Street, then had her arm run over by a vehicle at 7:22 p.m. The woman was flown to Renown Regional Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. The driver was not cited.
• Insurance and registration paperwork was stolen from a vehicle in the 2000 block of West College Parkway sometime before 10:39 a.m. Friday.
• Residential burglary report in the 4000 block of Pheasant Drive at 5:33 p.m.
• Report of a window broken out on a vehicle parked in a Market Street parking lot at 8:21 p.m.