Sheriffs’ Log July 29
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent unless proved guilty in court:
• David Anthony Patten, 19, of Carson City, was arrested at 1:13 a.m. Thursday in the 1700 block of Belmont Avenue on a felony warrant for suspicion of conspiracy to violate the uniform controlled substance act and misdemeanor failure to appear. No bail was set.
• John Robert Staikoff, 19, of Carson City, was arrested at 7:58 p.m. Wednesday in the 5200 block of Corrine Court on suspicion of gross misdemeanor possession of prescription drugs without a prescription and misdemeanor probation violation. Bail was set at $5,500.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Wednesday:
• A Carson City mother reported at 4:47 p.m. that her 16-year-old daughter had left to go camping on July 16 and was to return on July 25, but she hadn’t yet. The girl was reported as a runaway.
• A Carson City mother reported at 5:46 a.m. that she learned that her 16-year-old daughter was using heroin. The girl was arrested.
• A 5-year-old girl was found at 1:35 p.m. in the area of 700 Silver Oak Drive. She told people her mother ran away. The child then said her mother was checking the mail. The mother arrived within 10 minutes and stated she was in the laundry room.
• A report at 3:16 p.m. of gold stolen from Lyon County found in a Carson City coin shop.
• Coroner call at 3:27 p.m. at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center.
• A woman reported at 5:05 p.m. that a juvenile who stole her son’s bike had returned it, and she wanted a deputy to come to her home because she was not able to contact the boy’s parents. An arrest was made.
The following are among the calls to which deputies responded Wednesday:
• A Fernley grandfather reported at 4:39 p.m. that his 19-year-old grandson took the grandfather’s car without permission. The car was listed as stolen.
• Coroner call at 8:15 a.m. on Ramsey Street in Silver Springs.
• A woman reported at 11:03 a.m. that someone put a chicken with its head cut off on her Reggie Street Porch in Mark Twain.
• A juvenile was severely injured “car surfing” near the dairy in Yerington at 1:14 p.m. The juvenile was taken from South Lyon County Medical Center by Care Flight to the trauma center in Reno.
• Coroner call at 12:45 p.m. on La Fond Avenue in Dayton.
• A Dayton mother reported at 2:44 p.m. that her 17-year-old daughter was destroying her house.
• Misdemeanor arrest at 6:48 p.m. on Warren Way in Fernley.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.t