Sheriffs’ Log July 8
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 39-year-old personal assistant from Carson City was arrested at 1:45 a.m. Thursday in the 3500 block of Harrison Lane on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery, resisting arrest at the scene and resisting arrest at the jail. Bail was set at $5,396.
• Katrina Renee Bostic, 20, unemployed, of Carson City, was arrested at 11:35 a.m. Wednesday in the 4200 block of Louise Drive on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property, obtaining money under false pretenses, gross misdemeanor possession of a prescription drug without a prescription, misdemeanor failure to appear on a traffic citation and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $25,000. Also arrested was a 24-year-old house painter from Carson City on suspicion of misdemeanor failure to appear on a traffic citation and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Wednesday:
• A woman on Woodside Drive reported at 9:58 a.m. that her female neighbor came over and scratched the caller and her husband.
• Accident at Humboldt Lane and Long Street at 12:06 p.m.
• A deer that was struck by a car was “dispatched” at 9:04 p.m. on the freeway near the Carson Street off-ramp.
• A father reported at 6:01 p.m. that he had taken a two-hour nap and that when he awoke, he couldn’t find his 19-month-old child. The child was found unharmed with the mother.
• A woman reported at 6:44 p.m. that a man passing her fence punched her dog in the face. According to the report, the woman’s bulldog jumped a fence to “hump” the man’s golden retriever. The man panicked, thinking the bulldog was attacking his dog, and he repeatedly punched the bulldog. The man was found to have an outstanding warrant. Animal Control took custody of his dog.
• Report of a man brandishing a knife at 10:53 p.m. in front of a Highway 50 East convenience store.
The following is among the calls to which deputies responded Wednesday:
• Two felony arrests at 3:24 p.m. for stealing pipe from Western Nevada Railway in Fernley.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.