Sheriff’s Log May 1
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Michael Anthony Swerdling, 22, of Carson City, was arrested at 11:45 p.m. Thursday at Arrowhead Drive and Northgate Lane on suspicion of felony probation violation, misdemeanor driving under the influence of heroin, unlawful U-turn and failure to use turn signal. No bail was set.
• Richard Reed Wertz, 44, a carpet cleaner form Carson City, was arrested at 2:59 a.m. Friday in the 2700 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony failure to appear and probation violation. No bail was set.
• Matthew Greaves, 24, unemployed from South Lake Tahoe, was arrested at 12:52 a.m. Friday at Carson and John streets on two felony warrants from South Lake Tahoe, misdemeanor possession of a hypodermic needle and probation violation. No bail was set.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Thursday:
• Coroner call at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center at 1:39 a.m.
• Coroner call in the 200 block of Koontz Lane at 4:08 a.m.
• Commercial burglary report on Fleischmann Way at 7:23 a.m.
• Report of a straw and “white powder substance” found in the bathroom at the Nevada Employment Security office on Curry Street at 4:21 p.m. A deputy tested the substance and found it to be methamphetamine.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).