Sheriffs’ Log May 26
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Richard Lugone, 49, a laborer from Carson City, was arrested at 2:05 a.m. Tuesday at Curry and Adams streets on suspicion of felony probation violation. No bail was set.
• Jennifer Shaun Boise, 34, of Washoe Valley, was arrested at 5:18 p.m. Monday in the 1600 block of Forrest Way, on suspicion of possession of a hypodermic needle, a Reno warrant for suspicion of felony burglary and a Carson warrant for failure to appear. Bail was set at $7,132.
• Travis Wayne Lawing, 25, unemployed of Carson City, was arrested at 4 p.m. Friday in the 3900 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony embezzlement, grand larceny, possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Lawing allegedly stole $2,000 from his employer, J.C. Penney. During his arrest officers allegedly found 14 balloons of heroin and drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $25,000.
• Bryian Wayne Coate, 41, retired from Carson City, was arrested at 2:35 p.m. Friday in the 1000 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine. Bail was set at $2,500.
• Alexander Mason Rose, 20, a chef from Carson City, was arrested at 4:20 a.m. Saturday in the 3300 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon, misdemeanor obstructing and minor consuming. He allegedly held a shard of glass against someone’s neck and yelled at them. Bail was set at $20,644.
• Ashley Popham, 21, was arrested at 7:34 p.m. Saturday in the 3800 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of gross misdemeanor possession of prescription drug without a prescription, misdemeanor failure to appear, three counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, and probation violation. Bail was set at $9,896.
• A 20-year-old Reno man was arrested at 5:03 a.m. Saturday in the 2200 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor and speeding. When he was stopped for speeding, according to the arrest report, officers found a 15-year-old Carson City girl in the passenger seat. The girl said she had met the man on the Internet and snuck out to meet him that night. The two allegedly engaged in a sexual act in Reno, and the man was bringing her home when stopped by police. Information for the Reno case was forwarded to police there.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Monday:
• A man was cited for shoplifting at Walmart at 2:17 a.m.
• Vehicle burglary report on La Loma Drive at 7:28 a.m.
• Coroner call at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center at 8:21 a.m.
• Vehicle versus bicycle in the 1700 block of North Carson Street at 11:03 a.m.
• Report of a window broken by juveniles on Carson Meadows Drive at 11:27 a.m.
• Report of “two transients on bikes looking for open garages,” on Sonoma Street at 11:34 a.m.
• A woman reported at 12:04 p.m. finding a campfire, shovel and burned bones above the waterfall off Kings Canyon Road. At 2:07 p.m. officials determined the bones were animal.
• Two vehicles outside Fitness For 10 on Fairview Drive were burglarized sometime before 7:58 p.m.
• Coroner call in the 200 block of West Caroline Street at 8:54 p.m.
The following is one of the calls to which deputies responded Monday:
• Report at 5:50 p.m. of food stolen from a home on Panhandle Road.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.