Sheriffs’ Log Nov. 19
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Cody McChesney, 24, a transient, was arrested at 12:30 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of felony probation violation out of El Dorado County. No bail was set.
• Julio Vasquez, 25, an unemployed transient, was arrested at 10:30 a.m. Thursday on suspicion of felony failure to appear and an immigration hold. No bail was set.
• A 43-year-old unemployed Carson City man was arrested at 4:32 a.m. Thursday at Empire Ranch Road and Short Putt Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor obstructing arrest and contempt of court. A call came in that a man in camouflage was playing football by himself in the area and when police arrived, the man allegedly ran at the patrol car, “like an airplane,” according to the report. He repeatedly ran at officers until he was detained, the report states. Bail was set at $5,407.
• Rachel Elizabeth Henson, 25, an unemployed transient, was arrested at 10:35 a.m. Thursday in the 2800 block of South Carson Street on a felony attempt theft warrant. Bail was set at $5,000.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Thursday:
• 5:49 a.m. – Fernley man called dispatch about a verbal dispute between him and a woman. He said it had been going on for three months.
• 7:24 a.m. – Report of a “smashed” fence on Jasper Lane in Dayton.
• 1:20 p.m. – Burglary report on McKenzie Lane in Mason Valley.
• 3:08 p.m. – A Stagecoach woman reported a yellow car was racing around in her yard on Iroquois Trail.
The following is a call that deputies responded to on Thursday:
• 12:09 a.m. – Report of several people with flashlights wandering around the cemetery.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.